Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Macro Lens!

How could I forget about my beautiful macro lens? My parents bought this lens as a Christmas gift for me several years ago. I wasn't doing much portraiture at the time and never really used it, so it hasn't seen much use. This is a FANTASTIC portrait lens!!! (Neither of these photos have been touched up at all - ok, I lied, I took out some acne in one. But other than that...)

It took me a while to know what about photography I was specifically drawn to. There are so many genres and possibilities. But the one consistency in every career dream I've ever had was a connection to people, a desire to meet and connect with real, honest people.

I'm not interested in fashion, glamour, beauty, although I have seen incredibly well-done and beautiful examples of all. Of course sometimes it's fun to play around with this, but it's not what drives me.

So whatever I am photographing - pregnancy, babies being born, new mothers, portraits, weddings, whatever it is - I am there because I want to connect to people, I want my photography to tell a story for and of them. And if I can accomplish this, I will have fulfilled my goal - to use photography as a means to help people, to capture real moments in their lives and preserve them for years to come.

No comments: